Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dinner In Tuscany

A little bit ago, we had a "Dinner in Tuscany" for family night.

I spent the night before cutting out rocks, vines, leaves, and grapes out of some of my colored paper that I have. It was my attempt to try to make some "Tuscany" scenery. Not really sure if it is exactly accurate, but it was all I could think of.
I took some sidewalk chalk and smeared it with some water and tried to draw some rolling hills and a blue sky. Can you see it in the picture? I think it should wash off the wall just fine, right? I may need to buy a magic eraser...

Our little set-up.
I'm just noticing how wrinkly our table cloth is. Sometimes it amazes me what I put so much time into doing... and not doing.

I tried to find some Italian music, but the best I could do was my Mamma Mia sound track lol. Real authentic.

James picked up these flowers for me. I fell in love instantly. They were pretty perfect for the occasion.

I just made a simple meal with noodles, spaghetti sauce, roasted eggplant with mozzarella, and breadsticks. This is my kind of meal, carbs, cheese, and eggplant :)

Mmmmm... eggplant, I love the stuff!

We made dessert together... not sure what the name of the dessert is.
It's just refrigerated pie crust, Nutella (our first time having Nutella and it stole our love quickly) (dangerous stuff, it is), and marshmallows.

A very easy, DELICIOUS dessert! Highly recommend!


Yum. Family night is my favorite :)

5 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, Larissa! How cute! You're such a good wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, ok. I'll admit it. You are pretty stinking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Don't ask me how long it has taken to take back down, because I wouldn't have an answer for you yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO creative!! What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love eggplant!!!! Super creative!

    ReplyDelete