Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Millcreek Canyon And The Creature

About 3 weeks ago, for family night, we went to Millcreek Canyon to have a bonfire. We cooked hot dogs and roasted marshmallows and enjoyed being outside and breathing in that fresh air.


Very peaceful.

Tali eating her s'more. We are just having a good ol' time...

Just relaxing and being outside...



James and his marshmallow...





AHHHHHH!

It's... the... creature!!!!

What is this thing!!??!!


It flew at me and landed oN MY SHOULDER! I ran into the smoke of the fire (screaming), thinking that the smoke might make it fly away, but it didn't! I was shrieking, jumping up and down when James finally flicked it off of me! Then stomped on it.

GOT IT.

Oh my gosh, it has a stinger. IT COULD HAVE STUNG ME WITH THAT.
Now I had a serious case of the creeps.
I felt like my life just flashed before my eyes!
My eyes are like bugging out of my head and the slightest movement of a falling leaf is making me jump.

WHAT IS THIS CREATURE!?!

Then, another one came! It was flying at James! I quickly gave him the racket (that I must have been inspired to bring) and he got it!

But it wasn't dead, just stuck!



Then we killed it.
Re-telling this story gives me the heeby jeeby's all over again.

LOOK AT THAT THING! DO YOU SEE THAT STINGER!?!
I'm pretty sure that thing could have killed me and my family.

It's like three to four inches long.
Yes, I took a lot of pictures of it. I wanted to have evidence that this creature exists.

Sure got our adrenaline going lol. It was like in a horror movie when everything is peaceful and fun and then goes terribly wrong.

We left soon after that.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck! Those remind me of stink bugs (with a stinger) and they always ruin my comfiness. They just fly so slow and run right into you! I'm glad your horror bug was well documented. Maybe you should turn the pictures into a scientist in case you discovered a new species. I've never seen one. Good thing.

    ReplyDelete