Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Quarter Of A Century

Dec. 1, I turned 25. It feels weird saying that. I feel like my twenties have flown by! I don't like it. The older and older I get, the faster and faster time flies... scary!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
So, I like holidays.. A LOT. I love an excuse to celebrate. I think it must put a lot of pressure on James to make my Birthday's nice. Sometimes I think it's hard to be married to me. Anyway, James did a great job making my Birthday really nice.

He started with Birthday Eve, something he made up, bringing me home some flowers and letting me open one of my gifts.



It was a sweet surprise.

Then he stayed up till two, making me a peanut butter chocolate cheese cake from scratch. It was YummY!

James woke up and made me breakfast. He surprised me and came home early from work. We went shopping, opened my other gift, ordered pizza, and watched Biggest Loser on Netflix... while we ate my Birthday cheesecake. Pretty perfect, really.



I always tell James that the day after your Birthday is always so sad because everyone stops treating you so nice. He must listen to me because he made me breakfast in bed the next morning too, saying I deserve to be treated like every day is my Birthday. Very sweet. He really made my Birthday really special.


"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." -Unknown

Saw that quote and it made me feel ashamed for my attitude towards getting older. I think it's a good reminder to enjoy the present and where you are in life.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you ate your cheesecake while watching Biggest Loser!! Hahahaha. Happy Birthday last month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I know! It made us feel guilty... but not guilty enough to stop haha!

    ReplyDelete