Friday, September 26, 2014

The Best Kind Of Days

Last weekend, my mom and dad came to stay with us. We get spoiled regularly by visits from my mom, which we always look forward to and love, but this time my dad was also coming!!! He's always got so much going on that he can't always get away to see us, so this was a real treat for all of us.

There was also no special occasion. 
It was just because. 
And I loved it.

Poppie and Mimi arrived Friday. Mimi first and Poppie later. Kids stayed up to see Poppie and everyone helped with the night time routine. We stayed up talking and playing with Legos.

Saturday was our long day. The good kind of long. Packed with lots fun. Snuggles, giggles, and more. Poppie helped with a few handy man things around the house and ran a few errands. Mimi changed an icky diapers of Grey's. It was a good morning.

After Grey's nap we had lunch at the Melty Way where they have gourmet grilled cheeses. YUM. YUM. YUM. Also, my daughter doesn't like grilled cheese sandwiches! This is so strange to me. I'm always like, "Really?! Really?!"

Then off to the zoo!!!













Is six pictures of Grey with the otter too many? To me, no. To everyone else, yeah, maybe ;)
I was even trying to be choosey... there are more that I didn't post.
























The best parts of the zoo were Grey's reactions when he spotted an animal with excitement and laughter, a random man interacting with an orangoutang up close through a window, seeing the elephants and rhinos up closer than ever before, and the train ride!

We rested up at home, ate dinner, then went back out specifically to go to the Lego store :)

 (Grey wore his pajamas. It was so embarrassing ;))






We came home after getting some treats, put Grey to bed, and watched a good movie :) It was a long, good day! Best part, my parents were still with me :) 

The next day, we kept it nice and lazy...



It was perfect after such an active day before. I felt like I got the time in with my dad that I needed and didn't have them leaving, feeling like our time was cut short. Thanks for coming mom and dad! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment