This is the pattern I picked out to use for her costume.
The costume that I liked online had fringe right where the ruffle is on this pattern, so I thought that I could just turn her ruffle into fringe. Plus, this is a pretty basic pattern...which I needed.
So, here is the final product!
It needed a little more something, so I first hot-glued this
blue ribbon, with the zig-zag design over a dark brown ribbon to make one ribbon (is that confusing?) and then I hot-glued it above the fringe on top and bottom. That part ended up being easier than I expected with my good friend the glue-gun.
Here is a closer look.
Here is the back...not all that great, but I'm happy with it. I've never done a zipper before (which the pattern called for), instead I sewed buttons and elastic loops to keep it closed in the back. She's going to be wearing a brown shirt underneath, so I wasn't too worried about it being perfect.
I also made two clips to go right above her pink tails that she'll have (it is amazing what you can do with a hot-glue gun and some materials). Then I made her three bracelets to wear...we'll see if she keeps those on the whole time.
Well, that's it! I'll post some pic's after tonight to see it on her all together!