Sunday, October 31, 2010

So, I Failed :(

I consider myself a fairly healthy eater (except on holidays or other special occasions), but I wanted to try to have a whole day of eating REALLY healthy and eating good-sized proportions. I have a folder full of magazine clippings and other things that I've set aside of ideas that I would like to try or do or refer back to one day. I had a magazine clipping that had easy healthy choices of meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I decided that I would pick from that for what I would eat for one day and I wasn't aloud to stray from it. Just for one day, how hard could that be?
I started off my morning with Cheerios, skim milk, and bananas (all measured out too!)

For lunch, I had a turkey, cheese, lettuce, and mustard sandwich (I don't even like mustard!). Plus some sugar snap peas with some low-fat ranch dressing (learned that I don't really like sugar snap peas...they gave me the willies for some reason).


Lately, lunch has kinda become my biggest meal of the day. After I ate this, I still wasn't all the way full, but I thought if I kept busy that it will subside as it sometimes does when I'm busy. It didn't. I ate one of the party-sized Hershey bars that we had for trick-or-treaters. I was mad at myself for straying off the path.

For dinner, I made mushroom pizza's. I used pita's as the crust, a little spaghetti sauce, part-skim mozzarella cheese, and some mushrooms. I also made a garden salad with fat-free dressing. It was all very yummy. I want to remember this pizza idea to use another time. It was super easy and the pita tasted really great, plus it is a lot healthier.

I had a healthy treat planned out for later that night, but started feeling sick, like I was catching the flue, and I just wanted some good old-fashioned chocolate dipped cone from McDonalds. So, that's what I did. After all that, I ruined it! I'm still kinda mad at myself, but I was feeling pretty miserable. So, I failed. Sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment