Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our Memorial Day

We headed up by Logan for a family reunion on James' side of the family.

After the reunion, we stopped by James' Great Grandpa's farm. There are a lot of fond memories there for James and his family. I'm so glad that I was able to see it. I can tell it was a magical place for children.





I discovered that donkeys are actually really cute.

Tali feeding the donkeys.







On the farm, there is this really old ferris wheel and mobile swing that James is hanging onto.


We visited the cemetery where some of James' family is buried.

This was the grave I was most anxious to see. This is James' grandpa's brother. He fought in WWII, where he died. This is where the family name Omar comes from which is James middle name and my father-in-law's middle name.



This was a great Memorial Day activity. The cemetery is beautiful, filled with flowers.


My disheveled Tali.

She loved the cemetery.

We were able to fit in a few visits with my dad also.

It was a perfect Memorial Day, spent the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment