Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stopping to Smell the Flowers

Yesterday, we had a lot of fun. We bought some flowers (the big white ones in the picture), then we went outside and picked a bunch of wild flowers to add to our store-bought ones.
We started off picking some wild flowers along the woods in front of the house, but then James remembered seeing some on the trail that he runs across the street. So, we headed off across the street. The trail runs along a lake and the sun was sparkling off the lake that time of day, making everything seem more golden then normal. We walked along the path slowly (at a Tali pace), picking some flowers as we went. It felt like for the first time in my life, I was really stopping to smell the flowers (literally and figuratively). My husband was being really sweet and patient holding my new collection of flowers and waiting while I stopped to pick more. Atalia was as sweet as can be, stopping to pick up rocks or leaves, or stopping to listen and watch the birds or a plane over hea
d. If she noticed we were getting ahead of her she would come bounding after us with a big smile on her face. It was like a little piece of heaven, honestly.


I have been greatly blessed.

I separated two of the white flowers to enjoy in our room.



No comments:

Post a Comment