Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Word To The Wise:

A word to the wise, Antelope Island is not really a place bring a bathing suite.
I thought it would be fun to go for family night and that we would have fun sitting back on the beach and watching Tali play in the lake water. I was sorely mistaken.

The water is a bit stinky, like sulfur, but that wasn't even the worst part. It was covered in bugs!

Okay, see those dark brown spots on the beach? Those are millions of bugs! As you walk down to the beach, you have to walk slow enough to give the bugs a chance to move out of your way . . . the entire way down to the water!
We brought sandwiches to eat, but we lost our appetites.

It was absolutely beautiful though.



You can go out for a long ways and the water hardly makes it up to your knees.

A lot of people were just skipping these really flat rocks found in the lake.




They had some outdoor showers and we tried our hardest to rinse the gunk off of us (so gross).

We drove around and saw one buffalo. I recommend coming more for the beautiful scenery than to swim. There are also some beautiful trails you can hike.





I was sad that I wasn't able to get a magnet (the gift chop was closed) (oh and I collect magnets from all the places we go). I told James that maybe we can come back in 20 years and try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment