Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Project Crazies

 I feel like I've been doing a lot of little projects lately and I love it! I love having little projects, it gives me the happies.

 For this little project, I've been looking for some baskets to put in our hall tree. (I was finally able to get this hall tree a few months ago that I've been dreaming about from this post ) It hasn't been easy, the shelves are a lot shallower than I thought and that's been making it hard to find the right baskets to put inside. 

My mom came and spent a day with us and we went to Hobby Lobby and found these little baskets. The only thing is that they came in white, which meant they needed painted. 


We got a grey spray paint, but when I was done it was darker than I thought it would be and didn't reflect any light. I thought since our hall tree is already black and dark, I needed to add some metallic silver to the baskets to give off more light. So, I happened to have some metallic silver paint that I just lightly brushed the baskets with and then it still had the under tones of that flat grey color show through too. 

I am very happy with how it turned out!


Oh, hi Tal.


A closer look..
The baskets weren't long enough to fill the space, so I needed to add the vase (one that I found at the DI in this post here) and a couple of photo albums to help fill up some space.


Oh the simple things that make me happy! I'm a big believer in if you can't find what you're looking for at a store, create it or find another way to make something work.

Thanks for your help mom!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to contact you about the Moon mug that you found at DI a while back. A Google search led me to your "A Family Night Idea" post where I saw the Moon mug.

    You see, I've been searching for one of those mugs for more that 15 years! I bought one of these uniquely personalized mugs at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry sometime in the early 80's. Unfortunately, about 15 years ago I broke it.

    Would you please contact me so that I might talk you into parting with the mug? You should be able to access my email address via my Blogspot account.

    TIA!

    ReplyDelete