Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Where's the Water?

We've found some fun water area's to play in since we've moved to SLC. Here are a few!

Liberty Park- love, love, LOVE it here! I saw they even filmed a little bit of the Bachelorette here during hometowns last season!! Felt a little pride when I saw that. Anyway, there are some fun water activities here! There is the splash pad. I always get annoyed when bigger kids kind of take it over, though I'll probably be annoyed when my kids are bigger and think there are too many little kids around. I'm a hypocrite that way sometimes :) 



It was HOT this day and she didn't even want to get wet! All she wanted to do was collect a little water with her nifty, cool, squirt thing (from the dollar tree!) and play in the sand they have there.

Also, at Liberty Park, there is this cool area with all these man-made streams made out of concrete that flow all through these swirvy, bumpy, waterfall directions, into a small pool-like are. It's hard to describe. We initially wanted to play in that this day, but it was down for repairs that day. BUT we did go back another day and got pictures that I still have to upload on to my computer.

The best part is that it is all free!!

In the Cottonwood Heights area (I think) there is an AWESOME splash pad! All free! The only downside is that there is no shade, but other than that, it is great! there are also two other great playgrounds there too and more to explore!













 

She is such a chicken about getting wet!









A few years back, we also went to Antelope Island, where you can kinda swim, but it was also kind of gross when we went.

Do you know of any more places in the area that are great to get wet? Preferably free or cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment